Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,789 hits
Category Archives: SCVGS
The May Treasurer’s Report can be found by following this link: Treasurer’s Report 052019
Attached are the May General Membership Meeting Minutes for the Sun City Vistoso Genealogical Society. Please take a moment to read them for updated information and review. If you have any corrections or questions, please let me know. Minutes are … Continue reading
The Treasurer’s Report for April can be viewed here. Treasurer’s Report 04-19
Attached are the April General Membership Meeting Minutes for the Sun City Vistoso Genealogical Society. Please take a moment to read them for updated information and review. If you have any corrections or questions, please let me know. Minutes are … Continue reading
The following individuals were nominated for board positions at the meeting today. There were no additional nominations from the floor. A motion to approve these nominations was made, seconded and approved by the members attending the meeting. I will post … Continue reading