Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 52,801 hits
Category Archives: Library
Three books have been added to our club library: The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger (2016, 240 pages). This is a gentle introduction to DNA testing for the family historian. It provides general background … Continue reading
Our club library has a new book: DNA USA: A Genetic Portrait of America, by Bryan Sykes. Here’s the publisher’s description: Bryan Sykes, one of the world’s leading geneticists and best-selling author of The Seven Daughters of Eve, sets his … Continue reading
Our club library has two new books, one on Colonial New England and one on Pennsylvania: Researching Your Colonial New England Ancestors by Patricia Law Hatcher. This book is nicely produced and looks very readable. From the Introduction: This book is … Continue reading
Six new books have been added to our club library. All are shelved in Research except for the last, which is in US/Missouri: Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org: Just published this fall, this is an excellent overview of the FamilySearch.org, the website … Continue reading
These three books were donated recently and are now available in our genealogy club library. Right now they’re conspicuously placed in the library’s renamed “Newbies” basket. Later they’ll be shelved as indicated: Ernest Thode, English-German Genealogical Dictionary. Shelved in Research. … Continue reading