Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 50,043 hits
Category Archives: SIGs
Lynne Brooke has borrowed a couple of hard-to-come-by books. They’re good references for Connecticut during the Revolutionary period. They are: Connecticut Town Meeting Records During the Revolutionary Period, Vol 2, New Fairfield-Woodstock, by Jolene Roberts Mullen, 2011. Record of Service … Continue reading
Lynne Brooke and I would like to try having a new Special Interest Group (SIG) in the fall, as I mentioned at our last meeting. This will be more of a book club. We’ll be reading Mastering Genealogical Proof by … Continue reading
The Ireland Special Interest Group (SIG) will meet Tuesday January 25th at 1 p.m. We’ll meet this time in the Aztec Room at Desert Oasis; please note the change of location. All SCVGS members are welcome. Please bring any research … Continue reading
The Ireland SIG will meet Tuesday, November 30, at 1 p.m. in the Navajo Room in the Social Hall. Ken Jordan will give a presentation on finding records in the online version of Griffith’s Valuation, the single most important resource … Continue reading