Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are small groups of members with a common genealogical interest. They meet whenever their members choose, usually once a month except during the summer. Currently active SIGs and their facilitators are:
- Legacy Family Tree software: Barbara Krecklow. Help learning the Windows genealogy program. Usually meets monthly on the first Tuesday.
- DNA: Teri Petty. For discussing and learning about genealogical DNA test results from Ancestry.com and other providers. Usually meets monthly on the third Wednesday.
- DAR: Lynne Brooke & Holly Gibson. Help applying for the Daughters of the American Revolution and other lineage societies. Usually meets in January, February, and March.
- Roots Magic computer-based software: Sharon Larsen. Every month learn new features or have questions answered about this Windows / MAC based genealogy program. This SIG usually meets monthly in the morning of the third Friday of the month. Check the Room Calendar for Date and Time.
- Family Tree – Karen Haider, 4th Tuesday, 1:30 PM, Genealogy library.
- Scandinavian – Joan Allen, informal meetings.
SCVGS members, please feel free to contact the SIG coordinator if you’d like more information. Please get in touch with Cleo Wolf if you’re interested in having a SIG on a topic not listed above.