Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,617 hits
Tag Archives: DNA
John Grenham is the author of “Tracing Your Irish Ancestors,” now in its 3rd edition and available at our club library. Recently he had an Ancestry DNA test done, and writes about it in his blog post “Ancestry DNA.” It’s … Continue reading
AncestryDNA is changing the rules it uses to find people who are related to one another. As Judy Russell writes: … some of the people who are showing up as matches at AncestryDNA right now will stop showing up as … Continue reading
Our club library has a new book: DNA USA: A Genetic Portrait of America, by Bryan Sykes. Here’s the publisher’s description: Bryan Sykes, one of the world’s leading geneticists and best-selling author of The Seven Daughters of Eve, sets his … Continue reading
Interested in DNA testing for genealogy? It’s become even more popular now that AncestryDNA from Ancestry.com is available, but Family Tree DNA and other organizations also offer it. The Wiki at FamilySearch has more info. A DNA special interest group … Continue reading