Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 50,973 hits
Tag Archives: DNA
John Grenham is the author of “Tracing Your Irish Ancestors,” now in its 3rd edition and available at our club library. Recently he had an Ancestry DNA test done, and writes about it in his blog post “Ancestry DNA.” It’s … Continue reading
AncestryDNA is changing the rules it uses to find people who are related to one another. As Judy Russell writes: … some of the people who are showing up as matches at AncestryDNA right now will stop showing up as … Continue reading
Our club library has a new book: DNA USA: A Genetic Portrait of America, by Bryan Sykes. Here’s the publisher’s description: Bryan Sykes, one of the world’s leading geneticists and best-selling author of The Seven Daughters of Eve, sets his … Continue reading
Interested in DNA testing for genealogy? It’s become even more popular now that AncestryDNA from Ancestry.com is available, but Family Tree DNA and other organizations also offer it. The Wiki at FamilySearch has more info. A DNA special interest group … Continue reading