Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 52,855 hits
Tag Archives: Library
These three books were donated recently and are now available in our genealogy club library. Right now they’re conspicuously placed in the library’s renamed “Newbies” basket. Later they’ll be shelved as indicated: Ernest Thode, English-German Genealogical Dictionary. Shelved in Research. … Continue reading
That book I borrowed from the NGS Book Collection via interlibrary loan was published recently. What if you’re looking for something 150 years old? Are you out of luck? Christine Takerian found a book published in 1865 from the comfort … Continue reading
I requested a genealogy book via interlibrary loan from the Oro Valley Public Library. It’s here on my desk now. What surprised me is that it’s from the National Genealogical Society collection at the St. Louis County Public Library: The … Continue reading
The New England Historical & Genealogical Society (NEHGS) is offering 20% off on its “Experts’ Choice” collection from now through the end of June, while supplies last. Click here to see the collection. Caveat: the one book I checked is … Continue reading