Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,593 hits
Tag Archives: Treasurer
In December we collected $895 in dues. Our expenses were low. We started the New Year off with an available balance of $3525. Details are in the December Treasurer’s Report. Regarding dues, please remember they are due this month. Dues … Continue reading
In June we transferred about $2500 to our Asset Reserve Fund, intended for major future expenses such as computer purchases. It’s now at $5000 and our available balance is about $2500. For details and precise amounts please see: June 2016 Treasurer’s … Continue reading
Expenses exceeded income by $55 in May, as members have finished paying dues. Our ending available balance was about $5,000. For details please see the full report.
One of our computer power supplies bit the dust ($108) and our World Explorer Plus Ancestry subscription came due ($389) so expenses were higher in April. For full details please see the April Treasurer’s Report.
We had “positive cash flow” again in February, as dues paid exceeded expenses. Our closing available balance was about $4800. For full details please see the February Report.