Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,617 hits
Tag Archives: Treasurer
In December we collected $895 in dues. Our expenses were low. We started the New Year off with an available balance of $3525. Details are in the December Treasurer’s Report. Regarding dues, please remember they are due this month. Dues … Continue reading
In June we transferred about $2500 to our Asset Reserve Fund, intended for major future expenses such as computer purchases. It’s now at $5000 and our available balance is about $2500. For details and precise amounts please see: June 2016 Treasurer’s … Continue reading
Expenses exceeded income by $55 in May, as members have finished paying dues. Our ending available balance was about $5,000. For details please see the full report.
One of our computer power supplies bit the dust ($108) and our World Explorer Plus Ancestry subscription came due ($389) so expenses were higher in April. For full details please see the April Treasurer’s Report.
We had “positive cash flow” again in February, as dues paid exceeded expenses. Our closing available balance was about $4800. For full details please see the February Report.