Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 46,811 hits
Author Archives: Andrea Houston
From Tuesday, November 12 through Tuesday, November 19th American Ancestors and New England Historic Genealogy Society will allow FREE access to all their databases on AmericanAncestors.org. See the attached PDF file to see their announcement. FREE Access – A Media … Continue reading
The January topic for the SCVGS display case will be “A RETURN TO YOUR ROOTS” We are inviting all members who have taken trips to find their heritage to contribute written statement/stories, photos, maps, and memorabilia for the display. You … Continue reading
Click here to see the October Treasurer’s Report. Treasurer’s Report 10-19
Click on the link to see the October General Meeting Minutes. Genealogy General Meeting Oct 2019
Family History Fanatics is conducting an online eWorkshop DNA: Integrated Tools, the evenings of Dec 5th, 12th and 19th. The eWorkshop is designed for the intermediate genetic genealogist (or for the beginner that wants to push themselves some more). The … Continue reading